Every Friday check out what's taking place in and around the Boulder, Colorado community.
There are currently 119 blog entries related to this category.
Independence Day Fireworks:Ralphie's Independence Day Blast 2015 an Fireworks
- Folsom Field, Boulder, 8pm
- Gates open at 8:00pm
- Live entertainment until the fireworks start at dark!
- 6-10:30pm, Louisville
- Live music, food trucks, face painting, henna, jumpy castles, free activities for kids of all ages
- fireworks launch at 9:15pm
- Longmont 4th of July Fireworks Display
- Boulder County Fairgrounds (Hover & Boston)
- July 4th, begins at 9:30pm
- Fireworks show is free
- No parking on fairgrounds
- Please leave pets at home and keep them inside, as fireworks can be stressful for animals
Looking for the quintessential Boulder neighborhood? How about one with deep historical roots close to hiking, world-class restaurants, Pearl Street pedestrian mall, Boulder Farmer's Market, art galleries, Boulder Public Library, parks, and so much more? Or maybe a neighborhood that features a mix of well-preserved and well-appointed historic homes offering everything from stately mansions and cozy bungalows, to handsome craftsman and mid-century modern homes?
Mapleton Hill, one of Boulder’s most exclusive and historic neighborhoods, has exactly what you are looking for. Maple lined streets feature historic homes that range from bungalows to Victorians. Mapleton Hill offers all the amenities of downtown Boulder within walking/biking distance, but…
Boulder is a foodie town and April 19th marks the 6th anniversary of Boulder's MEGA foodie event, The Taste of Pearl.
Enjoy the culinary talents of Colorado's greatest chefs and wineries. 15 Boulder restaurants are pairing with 15 local Colorado wineries to create this epicurean adventure.
From 2-6pm attendees will stroll down Pearl Street in Boulder stopping by 15 of Boulder's hottest and hippest boutiques and galleries to enjoy the fruits of Colorado's most renowned chef's labors. This award winning event was honored in 2011 with the Governor's Award for the Best Promotional Event by Downtown Colorado and in 2013 with a Merit Award from the International Downtown Association.
Only 500 tickets are available per year, so get yours now!…
Colorado's winter offers so much to do. From Leadville to Longmont and everywhere in between, here are some of 2015's best Colorado winter events.
Forbidden Broadway – Denver Theater
- Now Through March 1, 2015
- Forbidden Broadway: Alive & Kicking!
- The award winning, fall-down funny roast of Broadway.
Benediction – Denver Theater
- Now Through March 1, 2015
- Benediction is a powerful drama about three souls searching for meaningful connections despite separation, loneliness and the race against time on the Colorado plains.
Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century
- Now Though March 15, 2015 - Denver Art Museum
- The exhibition features an assortment of jewelry, timepieces and precious objects produced between 1900
Dinner and a movie can be fun, but really impress your Valentine with one of these romantic dates.
Sip and Savor
Beer Tooth Beer Tour - Saturday, February 14th 1-5pm
Craft beer tasting & tour including Upslope, Fate and West Flander's Breweries.
Boulder Brew Walking Tour- Saturday, February 14th 3-5pm
If you prefer, they offer driving and private tours as well.
JL Distilling Tasting Room - Thursday to Saturday 12pm till 10pm, Sunday 12pm till 6pm
Sample their spirits or order one of their fine hand-made cocktails.
Bookcliff Vineyards Tasting & Touring, Thursday – Sunday 1:00pm to 6:00pm
This local favorite is sure to be a hit with any wine lover. Wine and Valentines...how can you go wrong?
Show Off Your Romantic…
Looking for holiday events in Boulder, Louisville, Longmont and Broomfield? Find free, low-cost and popular holiday events here.
St. Nick on the Bricks
- November 29 – December 20, 2014, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Location: Downtown Boulder Visitors Information Center (1300 block of the Pearl Street Mall)
- Admission: Free!
- Contact: Anna Salim
- Visit Website
Saturdays from November 29-December 20, kids of all ages can visit with Santa at the Downtown Boulder Visitor Information Center for FREE. Bring your list and a camera to capture priceless holiday memories.
29th Street Mall Holiday Events
- What The Dickens Carolers - Dec. 5,6,12,13,19 and 20 - 3-5pm - Macy's Plaza
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides - Dec. 5,6,12,13,19 and 20 - 5-7pm -
If you haven’t had a chance to check out Chihuly’s glass sculptures at Denver Botanic Gardens, hurry!
This popular exhibition ends November 30th.
Artist Dale Chihuly blew up the art world by taking glass art form from small scale craft to large scale architectural installments. His pieces are groundbreaking examples of sculpture unique in the glass blowing community. His installation at the Denver Botanic Gardens is simply stunning. Stark contrasts of green grass and towering ruby red spires gleam in the daylight. Chihuly’s work lights up at night, glowing like magical glass castles reflected in the cool dark pools of Denver Botanic’s water gardens. Scroll down for more examples of his work and upcoming events at Denver Botanical Gardens.
It seems kids are learning academic skills sooner and faster than ever before, but is that enough to keep up with a highly competitive global economy? The next generation won't enter a world of 9 to 5 jobs they will retire from in 40 years. They will have to carve their own path. To do that, they'll need confidence, adaptability, appreciation and ingenuity. We encourage creative thinking, but it is time to push past that into actual creating. Maker Boulder is helping kids do just that. Maker Boulder is a growing community that hosts events throughout Boulder County, encouraging kid makers to leave their Boulder homes and join together to make something.
Most recently Maker Boulder held the Cardboard Challenge at Horizon’s K-8. 150 Boulderites…