Best Golf Courses in Boulder, CO: Where Are the Best Golf Courses Near Boulder?
When one calls Boulder, Colorado, home, they don't have to invest in a golf course home to enjoy the hobby from time to time. There are quite a few exceptional golf courses around Boulder, most with amazing views and superior amenities.
Throughout the community, there are numerous public and private golf courses for players of all skill levels. While facilities at higher elevations may be closed during winters, many are open for enjoyment year-round. Here are some of the best Boulder golf courses to check out.
Flatirons Golf Course
The Flatirons Golf Course is noted for its remarkable beauty and abundance of wildlife. Constructed in 1938, this Robert B. Harris-designed course boasts 18 holes with 6,782 yards of par 70 play. Plenty of challenges await along the bluegrass fairways and bentgrass greens with a 71.7 rating and slope of 126.
Flatirons features three putting greens, chipping areas, and a driving range. It's also a designated Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary space.
Flatirons Golf Course Additional Information
- Address: Flatirons Golf Course, 5706 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder, CO 80303
- Phone: 303-442-7851
- Hours: 5 a.m. daily / May 6–November 30
- Weekend Fees: $45 for 18 holes / $27 for 9 holes
- Weekday Fees: $29 for 18 holes / $19 for 9 holes
- Cart Fees: $12 for 9 holes / $17 for 18 holes per person
- Push Carts: 9 holes - $3 / 18 holes - $5
- Rental Clubs: 9 holes - $9 Standard Clubs, $25 Performance Clubs / 18 holes - $18 Standard Clubs, $35 Performance Clubs
Boulder Country Club
Nestled between the homes in Gunbarrel, members can enjoy the private course at the Boulder Country Club. This breathtaking 18-hole championship course has tee ranges from 5,400 to 7,000 with a slope rating of 135 and a par of 73 from the back launches. The course meanders through the neighborhood and features winding canals, lakes, and mature trees to boost the challenge level.
The greens offer a smooth roll and quick speeds for players. In addition to the country club environment, there is also a 9-hole, par-3 course, chipping and putting greens, a large driving range, and practice bunkers. Membership is required, and there are social levels, a Par 3 Membership, and a full golf membership program available that allows complete access to all amenities at the Boulder Country Club.
Boulder Country Club Additional Information
- Address: Boulder Country Club, 7350 Clubhouse Road, Boulder, CO 80301
- Phone: 303-530-4600
- Hours: 9 a.m.–10 p.m.
- Fees: Membership only / inquire for rates
Haystack Mountain Golf Course
The 9-hole links-style Haystack Mountain Golf Course is open to the public and is a peaceful place to play a few holes affordably any day of the year. It's situated amid a mostly flat and forgiving terrain with minimal contours and barriers. Along the 2,153-yard, par-32 course, there are double tees on five holes. Three have water hazards, but fairways are mostly short.
Haystack is a walking-only course and is free of cart traffic. It's a pleasure to walk around Left Hand Creek's tall cottonwood trees and soak in the Flatirons and Western Slope views. Haystack is one of the best places in the area to learn to play golf, and its "no embarrassment" classes and clinics cater to those of all skill levels. There is an indoor practice space with a golf simulator and driving range.
Haystack Mountain Golf Course Additional Information
- Address: Haystack Mountain Golf Course, 5877 Niwot Road, Niwot, Colorado 80503
- Phone: 303-530-1400
- Hours: Daily, dawn until dusk
- Greens Fees: Mon–Thurs $15 adults, $12 seniors & juniors / $1 increase Fri–Sun / additional rounds $5
- Club Rental: $9
- Pull Cart Rental: $4
Walnut Creek Golf Preserve
Walnut Creek Golf Preserve is a special place that is teeming with wildlife and native plants. It's the first golf preserve in the state and an Audobon Certified Signature Sanctuary, supporting 77+ wildlife species. The preserve has won numerous awards as a championship golf course that boasts 18 holes, a driving range, chipping greens, and offers private and public instruction.
Players are challenged by the diverse terrain, water hazards, and wide-angle cuts along the fairways. Walnut Creek is a course with a slope of 133 rated 74.7 and a par of 72 from the championship tees. Visitors can also practice in a spacious 5,000-square-foot facility with a range of short-stick challenges. Hours for outdoor play vary throughout the year based on weather conditions.
Walnut Creek Golf Preserve Additional Information
- Address: Walnut Creek Golf Preserve, 10555 Westmoor Drive, Westminster, CO 80021
- Phone: 303-469-2974
- 18-Hole Rates: Weekends & holidays $55, weekdays $46
- 9-Hole Rates: Weekends & holidays $29, weekdays $27
- Special Rates: Discounts for seniors and juniors / kids play free
- Cart Fees: 18 Holes, $17 per player / 9 Holes, $10 per player
Greenway Park Golf Course
Greenway Park Golf Course is open to the public as a neighborhood links-style course, but members of the homeowner's association play at a discount here. This is a par-3 course that spans almost 2,200 yards and is ideal for beginners or those who prefer a short game. Wide fairways are forgiving, and there are minimal bunkers and no water hazards throughout the nine holes.
Many children learn to play here alongside those who are still working on their techniques and green approaches. Greenway Park Golf Course is the place to go for a quick and affordable golfing destination near Boulder, Colorado.
Greenway Park Golf Course Additional Information
- Address: Greenway Park Golf Course, 110 Greenway Drive, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Phone: 303-466-3729
- Hours & Dates: Open when the course is clear year-round / 7 a.m.–dusk
- Fees: Association members $3 or $200 seasonally / Non-members $12 or $450 seasonally / $2 discounts for students, seniors, military, and first responders
The Broadlands Golf Course
One of the most impressive places to test and refine golfing skills is at the Broadlands Golf Course in Broomfield. This top-rated course opened in 1999 and offers 7,263 yards of fairways from the longest tees with a par of 72. The slope rating here is 125, with an overall course rating of 72.9, so it's a great place for all skill levels.
Even avid enthusiasts will find challenges such as sand traps, water hazards, and fairways that call for a high level of accuracy. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly, and there are food and drinks available next to the Broadlands Pro Shop.
The Broadlands Golf Course Additional Information
- Address: The Broadlands Golf Course, 4380 West 144th Avenue, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Phone: 303-466-8285
- Fees: Mon–Thurs Broomfield resident $45, guests $49, seniors $35 / 9 Holes $23 daily / Fri–Sun $10 rate increase
- Cart Fee: $20 / 9 holes $10
- Special rates: 55+, juniors, and residents discounts; twilight and super twilight rates daily
Eagle Trace Golf Club
Eighteen holes of excitement await players at Eagle Trace Golf Club, a par-72, 6,036-yard public course with a yardage rating of 117 and a slope rating of 68.7 from the standard tees. Designer Dick Phelps placed plenty of hazards, including sand, water, and 65 bunkers. However, the in-house pro can help guests navigate them with private lessons by appointment.
Golfing is available year-round in addition to the large driving range section, and rental clubs and carts can be picked up from the course pro shop. After a round, head to the clubhouse restaurant and bar for excellent food and beverages.
Eagle Trace Golf Club Additional Information
- Address: Eagle Trace Golf Club, 1200 Clubhouse Drive, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Phone: 303-466-3322
- 18 Holes Green Fees: Weekdays $30, weekends $40
- 18 Holes Seniors: Weekdays $27, weekends $38
- 18 Holes Juniors: Weekdays $20, weekends $25
- 9 Holes: Weekdays $20, weekends $25
- Per Person Cart Fees: 18 Holes $17 / 9 Holes $11
Live Happier in Boulder
Numerous publications routinely list Boulder, Colorado, as a top place to call home. Locals tend to be some of the happiest people in the United States for many reasons, living in a location great for outdoor activities like hiking and jogging. Breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains and other natural wonders are just one reason people love living here. Besides golf, there are also excellent shopping centers, restaurants, and attractions conveniently located in and around pedestrian-friendly downtown Boulder to enjoy year-round.
If you're looking for a Boulder townhome or new construction home near your favorite course, contact the RE/MAX Alliance team with Boulder Home Source at 303-543-5720 to get in contact with a Boulder real estate agent and prepare to tee off.