Many families are busy about this holiday season touring potential schools for their soon-to-be high school students to attend next year as open enrollment is in full swing. One of the nations best school districts Boulder Valley offers several great school for schildren to attend. Several of the high schools in the area offer unique programs that will prepare your children in different ways. Boulder Valley open enrollment started Nov 26th and ends at 4:00pm on Jan 18th, 2013. If you have not already been researching schools in the area it's a good idea to get started! Here are some important details for the top Boulder Valley public high schools. Please contact BVSD at 720-561-5900 or email@example.com with any questions.
Each student of Boulder Valley has the following options for open enrollment:
- They can attend their district designated neighborhood school, which is based on home address.
- Enroll at another neighborhood school of their choice.
- Enroll at a focus school that meets BVSD requirements.
- Enroll in a charter school.
- Enroll outside of BVSD if space permitted in desired school.
- Students who live outside of BVSD can also enroll.
1. Boulder High School – Boulder High is located in the heart of Boulder, just blocks from the University of Colorado and Pearl Street Mall. Boulder High School's mission is "to provide an academic and creative environment in which every person is valued as an individual, challenged as a learner, and inspired to contribute to society". As an Advanced Placement Focus School, Boulder High is known for its quality world language programs, and state-of-the-art technology and science labs, and visual and performing arts programs, . Athletic programs regularly win championships (most recently soccer and mountain biking), and there are many extracurricular activities to chose from.
Tours: Dec. 14, Jan. 4, Jan. 11, Jan. 18 by appointment only.
Contact: Laurie Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 720-561-5713.
Coffee with the Principal: 8:30-9:30 am Jan. 10 Principal Kevin Braney at the library.
Shadowing: 9th grader Jan. 8 and Jan. 11.
Online pre-registration: Required at https://p12.bvsd.org/boulderhigh/default.aspx.
2. Fairview High School – Located in south Boulder, Fairview High School is known for its rich traditions, rigorous academic program, College-Preparatory Program, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate pathways. Fairview's vision is based on the following core values for each student: realize potential, integrity, lifelong learning, whole person, community. Whether the student is interested in athletics, the fine arts, or honors programs, Fairview offers an abundance of opportunities for students to reach their full potential.
Breakfast with the Principal: 8:30-10:00 am Dec. 14 Principal Don Stensrud in the Cafeteria.
Fairview Freshman Experience: 9:15-10:30 am or 1:15-2:30 pm Dec. 12, 13 and Jan. 16, 17.
Parent Tours: During the Fairview Experience, call 720-561-5328 for reservation.
3. Centaurus High – Centaurus’ main focus is on being a Pre-Engineering Academy and an International Baccalaureate World School. The school features rich academic, competitive athletic, numberous extracurricular program, a small student body, and an abundance of courses. Located in Lafayette, Centaurus serves many families in the east Boulder County area.
Breakfast with the Principal: 7:45-9:00 am Jan. 15 in the Student Center.
Tours: 8:30-9:30 a.m. Jan. 15.
Contact: Karen Melin at 720-561-5357 to RSVP.
Incoming Freshmen Information Night: 6:30-8:00 pm Feb. 4 in the auditorium.
Shadowing: By appointment only.
4. Monarch High – One of Boulder Valley's newest schools, Monarch High was rated as one of the best high schools in the country by Newsweek magazine. Students experience a dynamic and innovative class setting, with 21st Century electronic digital projectors, SMART Boards, and wireless clickers1 Monarch's AP Biology classroom is one of the only with state-of-the-art 3-D technology for visualizing and rotating molecules in the world!
Shadowing: Now-Dec.14, and Jan. 14-18.
Contact: Counseling Office at 720-561-5634 to schedule an appointment.
Parent Tours: Available upon request.
Contact: Barbara Olsen at 720-561-4202 to schedule an appointment.
5. Peak to Peak High Charter – Peak to Peak is a Charter School that offers a liberal arts, college preparatory curriculum in Lafayette. Based on CSAP performance factors, Peak to Peak has been ranked among highest in the state and the nation. Peak to Peak students who demonstrate a mastery of knowledge and skills are challenged through appropriate placement in each subject area. Peak to Peak is small enough that each student knowns their valued, but large enough to provide a variety of academics, athletics, and extracurriculars.
High School Information Meetings & Tours: 5-6:00 p.m., Jan. 10.
Campus Tours: 1:30 p.m. Jan. 15 and 9:00 a.m. Dec. 3
Spanish Tour: 9:00 a.m., Jan. 14.
Student Shadowing: Dec 14th and Jan 2nd -18th Appointments only: